Kowloon food & Cultural Crawl
When: 5:30-8:30pm, every Tuesday & Thursday
Duration: 3 hours
Where: Shek Kip Mei & Shum Shui Po, Kowloon
Pricing: 85 USD for Adults, 60 USD for Children (Age 12 or below)
The good stuff:
You'll learn about the past and present of Hong Kong and what life is like in the city on this adventure, where we'll explore 2 different neighbourhoods in Kowloon!
- The first place we'll go to is a public housing estate, which is an Instagram hot spot among the locals. We'll explore a local market there and see what life is like for the locals in their daily lives. You'll learn more about how living conditions and livelihoods have changed in Hong Kong throughout the years and our history during the British colonial era.
- After that, we'll head to Shum Shui Po, a grassroots neighbourhood just a few stops away. Savour some handmade dumplings in 2 different styles (soup and pan-fried) at a family-run restaurant.
- Next, we'll have dinner at an outdoor restaurant (the kitchen and tables are all out on the street!), also known as Dai Pai Dong. You'll get to watch the chefs cook up a storm in flames with their woks. We'll savour classic Cantonese cuisine, including dishes such as Cantonese style calamari with salt and pepper, deep fried golden prawns, eggplant, and minced pork in clay pot, black pepper beef with roasted potatoes etc. You cannot miss dining out at a Dai Pai Dong while you're in Hong Kong! A moderate amount of beer will be included.
- Last stop: old-school Cantonese desserts! Mango mochi, mango and pomelo soup, taro saigo sweet soup are just some of the few things you can order from the menu!
* The menu of the dinner can be altered on the day of tour based on the group's preference.
- What we love about this experience is that you won't find any tourists here. :)